Thursday, February 3, 2011

My Happy Hour

Yesterday was one of those days. You know, the ones that drive you to open a new bottle of wine because you are not sure if the third of a bottle left in the fridge will be enough. Here is how the day went. Breakfast: dumped on the ground. Diaper change: tantrum. Tooth brushing: EPIC tantrum. Snack at the store: thrown on the ground. Sandwich at the store: thrown on the ground. Bus toy: ground. Revisit of sandwich in the car: Avante-garde almond butter sculpture (which I was instructed to hold while driving).

Sigh. No wait SIGH. You win Luke, I lose. By the way, hats off on the tooth brushing stand off. Who knew that you could entertain yourself sitting in a chair with no toys for over an hour just to avoid brushing your teeth? Impressive, very impressive. Next time I will be sure to bring a book.

It always seems as though he has a day like this right before a big transition. He was very cranky right before he started crawling and right before he started walking. This time the transition appears to be to a toddler bed. I figured this out when I went in to get him from his nap to find him sitting in the recliner happily reading a book. “Climb out of crib”, he said. Yay. So, we transitioned his crib in to a toddler bed. Hopefully he will revel in his victory long enough to give me a reprieve on the annoying behavior but I’m skeptical. This morning he woke up half an hour early, not a good start. My solution tonight will be to start drinking half an hour early. The wine starts flowing tonight at 8, who’s joining me?

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

wow what a day i say the wine is definitely a must have. hope the adjustment period is short.