Sunday, January 6, 2013

Keeping the Flame Alive

Hello Ladies!

I've been MIA for a while. We had a new addition to our family on May 30, 2012. His name is Krosby aka. Sully and he is one perfect bundle of joy. As we all know, having a new baby certainly changes your time allowances which is why you have not heard from me in a while. Not being able to blog isn't the only activity that has been lacking around my house. My husband and I have not had much time or energy to keep up with our "special time" together (ps: "special time" is code for gettin busy). By the time we are home from work, dinner is over and dishes are done, kids are bathed, baby had been nursed and the house is quiet - we have fallen into a routine of silence. He plays on the iPad or watches ESPN while I read or we catch up on the shows we've missed all week - all in almost complete silence. We are physically and mentally exhausted. Not to mention, I still feel like a fat cow having not lost the last 20 lbs of baby weight which results in a constant internal dialog of how we are not gettin busy because he's not attracted to me because of the fat cow'itis (not the case - just my normal brand of crazy). So, yesterday we were in the shower together after the kids went to bed and I asked him what his new years resolution was. The conversation went like this:

me: what is your resolution for this year

hubby: I can't tell you

me: why not? It's not a birthday wish

hubby: it's my resolution and i don't what to say

me: (huff from me) well can i guess?

hubby: you can try

me: is it to have sex with me more often (I say from under batted eye lids)

hubby: no (with a half smile)

me: (another huff)

hubby: that would have been a good one though

me: oh yeah? (hope sprung anew)

hubby: look at it this way though...we've been testing our relationship...when we are in our eighties and you're all dried up and my junk just hangs there...I know I will be perfectly happy with you...because we actually "like" each other.

me: thanks? I'd still like more of the sex please

hubby: me too

I think you can guess what happened next. LOL :). My husband has never been what I would call romantic. His ideas on what that word means come from another galaxy. However he has always been sweet and a good friend, my best friend. He reminded me of this in our conversation and it was so unexpected that it almost confused me. It was exactly what I needed to hear though and knowing what I needed to hear even before I did is a quality that only a best friend can possess. It's a different type of romance. One that I'm glad we are grown up enough to share.



New Family Photo!
Christmas 2012

No comments: