Friday, January 6, 2012

Her 1st adjective

Quilla has learned the word "boobie".
... not sure exactly how this happened since I have always referred to nursing as "milk" ... which she has been saying in sign language since she was 4 months old.
However, the last time I went grocery shopping she decided to exercise her command of this new word via tantrum in the cereal isle.
"BOO-BIE! BOO-BIE! BOO-BIE!" she chanted and pleaded with enormous crocodile tears as she tugged at my shirt from her seat in the cart.  With a somewhat crimson complexion, I quickly abandoned my shopping, and headed out with only half of my task accomplished.
So, genius Mommy that I am, I decided to "top her off" before heading into the store today to do a weeks worth of grocery shopping and avoid a repeat of our last adventure.  As I sat in the back seat of the car nursing her in the parking lot, she suddenly looked up at me and said "Mommy? Mommy! Mommy!"  
"Yes, Baby?" I said.
"MY Boobie." she said with a very smug little smile on her face as she gently patted the side of my breast while gazing up at me through the Mr. Snuffleupagus-esque eyelashes that frame her beautiful big brown eyes.
*sigh*
I'm in big trouble.  My 15 month old is smart as a whip, and doesn't miss a beat!
Still, the jury is still out on who won this battle of wits today as I DID finish my grocery shopping  without any further dramatic expression.
We both got what we wanted.
All is fair in love and war.

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

omg that is to funny i laugh only because being a mom i've been there many times when my litle one has said something. I can't believe how musch quilla has grown she is turning a beautiful little girl daddy is going to have to watch out for this one. hugs

Cash said...

Lol! AW! Thanks Becca! you are a doll. xo