Sunday, March 20, 2011

Paint it Black

What baby merchandise mogul was it that "invented" baby colors, anyway?  Why is it that we dress and decorate our baby's bedrooms in lovely pale hues that are destined to become stained and ruined?  Babies actually prefer bright colors, and newborns are stimulated by mostly black and red, so why is it that I am spending butt loads of money on stain removers to keep my baby's whites white?  Today I washed the seat cover of my daughters highchair, ergo baby, floor blanket to the rainforest gym, seat cover to her swing, seat cover to her jumperoo, sun visor of her stroller,  and a load of clothing containing the two outfits that fell victim today to fruit and poop.  I spent most of my day treating stains while I am wearing dirty cloths since I have nothing clean to wear because I am so backed up with the laundry as I am having to constantly push another load of baby clothes through the wash!
If it was all black my life would be so much simpler.
sigh

No comments: