Friday, December 3, 2010

Blessed Cabin Fever

Quilla Soleil - 2 months old
Today was the first day we've had in a while without a scheduled appointment, activity, or plane to catch ... and  it was like a holiday ... or a lazy Sunday. We slept in, played, sang, danced, had 2  guests visit, napped, took a long walk, played some more, had an impromptu photo shoot for Quill in her super cute red tutu, made crepes for dinner while Quilla gurgled stories to her new Laugh & Learn Puppy, skyped with Aunt Jenn, Mommy took a shower, Quilla took a spa whirlpool bath ..... and then it was 7pm.
I was out of ideas.
So, I made some popcorn and we snuggled up together in bed to watch
"Santa Claus is Coming to Town" on ABC.  Crazy that a 2 month old can watch TV, but she does!  AND she seemed to really enjoy the show!  Afterwards, she nursed and then fell asleep for the night.

Gosh ... I even cooked dinner tonight with the same ease that I did prior to September 27, 2010!
Well, I'm not going to hold my breath, but after a day like today I think (maybe ... just maybe) we've started to get the hang of this new "Mommy and Me" schedule.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

sounds like a wonderful day