Monday, November 8, 2010

Clean Up on Aisle 6

Today Quilla is 6 weeks old (!!!) and it’s like someone flipped a switch. All of the sudden she is happier, naps more & sleeps longer, and actually lets me put her down in her swing, bouncy chair, gym, or co-sleeper for up to an hour at a time!  Very exciting!  I hope this lasts.  It is SO nice to play with her while she smiles and coos instead of constantly trying to sooth her.  It also gives me a few more minutes in the day to take care of a few things around the house while my arms are finally free. I almost feel semi-human today!  Maybe I’m finally figuring her out, or maybe she is realizing that I’m here to provide her whatever she needs when she needs it, or maybe it’s just a really great phase.  Maybe it’s all of those things combined.  Whatever it is, I’ll take it!

This afternoon I used her new “hang out with daddy while he has lunch before he goes back to work time” to re-load the dishwasher and get a shower.
  After my shower, I remembered I needed to call my doctor to cancel an appointment I had made. Where did I last see my phone?  Oh yeah, it was in the kitchen.  So I pulled a towel around my waist and went to retrieve it.  As I reached down to pick up my Blackberry, Quilla let out a cry from the other room and nearly simultaneously I heard a “SPLAT!” as my milk let down all over the kitchen island. 
Good Grief!!!
I guess my days of hanging around the house topless are officially over.  
Sorry Raven.   What a mess!

No comments: